Eucerin DermoPURIFYER Toner is applied daily as part of a cleanse, clear and care routine. Its anti-bacterial formula contains 2% Lactic Acid active system which gently unclogs pores without overdrying, reduces the growth of bacteria (one of the four factors of impure skin) and prevents blemishes. It is particularly effective in the T-Zone and other problem areas and can be used alongside common acne medication.
Eucerin DermoPURIFYER Toner
Toner for impure skin with 2% natural Lactic Acid
A placebo-controlled study, on 90 16-46 year old male and female patients with acne vulgaris, was conducted over three-months in 1999. The study was to establish the efficacy of Eucerin DermoPURIFYER Cleanser, Toner and Night Care.
Between June 2000 and July 2002 1033 (median age of 21) patients with acne vulgaris took part in a six-week treatment programme conducted in Germany, Austria, Belgium and Thailand. The products tested were Eucerin DermoPURIFYER Cleanser, Toner and Night Care.
- Clinical and dermatological studies prove excellent skin tolerability and efficacy on patients with blemished and acne-prone skin.
- The reduction of non-inflammatory lesions and papules was highly significant in all treatment groups.
- Assessment of the disability index revealed that the subjective wellbeing of the subjects increased significantly.
- The Eucerin products proved to be very well tolerated by nearly all patients.
- The typical acne symptoms clearly improved.
- The assessment of the efficacy and safety by the patients and doctors was for most patients "good" or "very good."
- Moisten a cotton pad.
- Apply toner in the morning and evening to affected area.
- Do not rinse.
- Use a new cotton pad with each application.
For your daily routine
Apply Eucerin DermoPURIFYER Cleanser onto your face and rinse off to remove any dirt.
Then use Eucerin DermoPURIFYER Toner, which prepares skin optimally for the following care.
If sun exposure is expected, apply Eucerin Sun Fluid Mattifying 30/50+ after applying care.
DO´S AND DONT´S
Use Eucerin DermoPURIFYER Toner if…
Try a different product if…
Eucerin DermoPURIFYER Toner is oil-free and especially tolerable for impure skin due to its gentle action.
The facial toner can be used instead of an aftershave.
The Eucerin DermatoCLEAN Clarifying Toner cleanses optimally and maintains skin´s moisture level.
Frequently asked questions
- Is acne caused by poor hygiene?
Acne is not a sign of poor bodily hygiene. On the contrary: too frequent cleansing of the skin with aggressive cleansing products can irritate the skin even more. Nevertheless, you should take care to cleanse your skin twice daily with a mild, nondehydrating facial cleanser in order to remove excess sebum, sweat and dead skin cells from the skin. One should, in any case, avoid "fiddling around" with your fingers on the acne symptoms.
- Is acne an allergy?
Acne is not an allergic reaction to particular foods or external stimulation. Allergies manifest themselves characteristically in different ways and can thus be clearly identified as such.
- Will my acne clear up on its own as I grow older?
Usually the acne symptoms get better with increasing age once you are past puberty. Although, some patients suffer from acne also after the age of 30. If you do not see an improvement, please contact a dermatologist.
- I have been using Eucerin DermoPURIFYER Toner for several days but my skin is still impure. What am I doing wrong?
Blemished skin can recover, but not overnight. The more severe it is, the longer and more intensive the treatment needs to be. Be patient. Persevere with your cleanse, clear and care routine and you will start to see improvement to your skin.
- Can I use Eucerin DermoPURIFYER Toner on my back?
Yes. Acne symptoms on your back are treated exactly the same way as on your face.
- Is acne inherited?
Yes. Genetic predisposition plays a large part in acne. If both parents suffered from acne during their adolescence, then there is a greater likelihood that their children will also develop acne.
The four factors of acne
Dr Simone Presto, a medical doctor for Eucerin, explains the role of the four factors of acne.